:: major performance improvements ::
- ArtsBuilder AutoRouting is now a lot more usable (faster, more
responsive): now uses a second thread; some optimizations on the
init of the routing are also new.
- Internal flowsystem changed, this means aRts is *a lot faster* now,
sometimes factors of 3-5 are realistic!!
:: midi synthesis rewritten, new structural elements ::
- Publishing structures and retrieving back from server.
- Structure interfaces.
- New dynamic midi synthesis (instruments are just instiated
and removed on the fly, as the midi events come in... well:
read the docs :).
:: major documentation improvements ::
- The whole documentation is now available as SGML and in the online
help of artsbuilder.
- All modules are documented.
- There is a tutorial.
:: new modules ::
- Synth_PLAY_WAV module to play simple wav files (currently requires
- New filter (SHELVE_CUTOFF) added, extremely useful when using
- Synth_CDELAY for constant delay (require less cpu time and work
with recursive loops in the new flow system style).
:: improved CORBA interface ::
- New functions due to publishing and retrieving structure definition
(see advanced midi synthesis).
- Debugging is now runtime configurable (aRts simply performs better
without printing debugging infos all the time ;).
- Lots of other stuff (Cycles, RingBuffer sizes,...) is also runtime
configurable (use artsshell to do so).
- Some more Informations about resource usage are exported via CORBA.
(Number of active modules, number of buffers/bytes in buffers etc).
:: small fixes ::
- Icons will now be installed with arts and loaded.
- Fixed compilation issues with some egcs releases (so SuSE 6.0 users
should finally be able to compile it again).
- Configure switch to compile without KDE support.